søndag den 1. marts 2015

Archbang login manager

Now i am in no way fluent in linux, but i have been using it for years, and i want to start writing down the solution to some of the problems i encounter during my usage. I may embarrass myself with how i frame the problem, but i will at least include a solution that has worked for me.

Now. Punching the Arch philosophy in the face, i choose to skip a few steps from time to time, and install Arch Bang, instead of pure Arch. Now calm yourself down. i have installed Arch from scratch several times, so i know exactly what it is i want to skip over if i need to save some time in order to get a fully functional system. 

So i just spend some time to figure out how to kill off the login manager that came with Archbang. That will teach me not to control every aspect of the install.

Now the Arch Bang Wiki is not the Arch Wiki, which is close to being the most thorough and well written guide i have ever encountered. It is close, since the end result of installing Arch Bang is Arch, but looking at the package list of Arch Bang the login manager looks to be Slim.


Searching my system i could not find a single reference to Slim. It took me way to long to think about taking a look at the systemd processes enabled on my system, but running the following command listed every enabled process.

systemctl list-units -t service --all

This command revealed that the login manager was in fact "lxdm"

Good times. Now i can disable the process by running:

systemctl disable lxdm

And there was much rejoicing ..


  

1 kommentar:

  1. Thank you so much! I didn't realize I was looking for the wrong thing too.

    SvarSlet