onsdag den 18. december 2013

Bittorrent Sync helped me out.

So i changed my direction a bit as a i wanted a working setup while making a direct transfer configuration.

i therefore ended up using Bittorrent Sync to sync from a seedbox to my NAS server, and then used rsync to further copy the btsync to a different folder. This level of automation leaves me to just clear out files from serverside and on the NAS once in a while. So it is not a total automation. But i can live with that. Furthermore the setup i am using has torrent interception so for most sites i don't need to first download torrent to add to my seedbox torrent client, rather it intercepts it from the .torrent extension and adds it directly.

While this is working wonders at the moment. My next step will probably be to dive into usenet or to set up the encryption for downloading directly to the NAS. i have grown a bit tired of my NAS build though. i can't blame Nas4Free as it is more than awesome software and it works wonders. However my NAS needs are at this point way below what i feel N4F would be most useful for. Meaning constant spinning CPU and PSU fans for no usage is bothering me. i am now trying to sell my mobo, ram and cpu and acquire some D-Link 2 bay NAS with support for fun_plug instead. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar